WordPress is the most popular content management system in the world, but there are lots of other popular website builders. Squarespace is a top choice for those wanting to easily build, design, and manage a site with little experience.
Both are valid but the decision should depend on what you – the business owner – need/expect as well as the resources you have to build, maintain and ability to expand the website as your business does.
In the article “Squarespace vs. WordPress: Which one is better for your website?” there is a very good explanation and comparison of both platforms.
What Would We Recommend?
Before asking anyone, make your own research to get a criteria of what you need.
1. Define your criteria based on:
- Type of Business (Services, eCommerce, others)
- What are you expecting from the website platform?
– I want to do it myself. Easy to maintain.
– I need help to design it but want to be able to make edits myself and/or blogging.
– I have no time/knowledge to design or maintain.
- What are your immediate goals?
– Get visibility online
– Increase traffic on my website
– Increase sells from my website
These are the factors that will frame your decision for sure.
2. Browse for articles about Squarespace and WordPress to get a solid understanding of which one fits better with the ‘criteria’ defined above.
3. Request a consultation or a quick evaluation to more than one provider that is expert on the platform you choose.
My Conclusion – Beyond Squarespace Or WordPress
Along the more than 10 years designing websites, the technology and customer demands have been – and will be – in constant evolution. We cannot predict how long Squarespace, WordPress or any other platform will be on the market. So I would say that there is no right or wrong decision.
What is really important – at least to me – is that YOU, as a business owner define the best criteria possible before investing time and money on a website:
- understand what your website really means to your customers and in consequence how this affects your business
- research/learn about web platforms available in the market
- If you need help, request a consultation or evaluation to more than one provider. This is like looking for a reliable mechanic to do repairs on your car. So be patience and trust in your instinct.
If you have additional questions about it send us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org